The Park is open year round, Everyday,From dawn to dusk
The rural landscape of Salem Art Works sprawls an impressive 119.4 acres, hosting a rotating roster of sculptures by regional, national, and international artists throughout the Cary Hill Sculpture Park. The park is an active vignette promoting a wide array of performances, events, and exhibitions. The public is invited to experience Cary Hill Sculpture Park at their own pace from dawn to dusk. The Cary Hill Sculpture Park is accessible by car and truck to conveniently make the climb to the top of the hill and enjoy the vast horizon.
For a guided tour please call the SAW office.
Cary Hill Sculpture Park Rules and Regulations
-Park is open everyday, from dawn to dusk.
-Please take all trash and recycling with you.
-No climbing on sculptures.
-Overnight camping is allowed but must be approved by the SAW Office.
-Fires are allowed in the designated pit on the top of the hill, but must first be approved by the SAW Office and Fire Dispatch. (Please see regulations below)
- Speed limit is 10 mph.
-Vehicles are not permitted to go off designated roads.
-Absolutely no dangerous driving. Violators will be banned from property.
-No hunting or trapping allowed on property.
-No underage drinking or drugs.
-No dirt bikes or 4-wheelers allowed.
-Adults must accompany children at all times.
- Pets must be on leashes.
Regulations for having a fire on the Cary Hill
Bonfires are possible at the top of the Cary Hill Sculpture park. We ask that guests be respectful the park grounds, it's sculptures, picnic tables, fire pit, and people on site.
- To Have a fire at the park visitors MUST first contact the Office at Salem Art Works for approval. (518)854-7674. If this step is not followed, you will be removed immediately, and the police will be contacted.
- The second step to have a fire on the park, the group MUST call Fire Dispatch BEFORE and AFTER the fire. The phone number is (518)746-2129
- Fires are only allowed WITHIN the provided stone and concrete fire ring. Any fires created outside of these rings is not allowed.
- Fires must be extinguished with WATER ONLY. Bring your own bucket of water. 3 -5, 5 Gallon Buckets. This is a must.
- Bring your own firewood. Gathering, cutting or scavenging of firewood or kindling is not permitted in the park. Locally grown firewood is best.
- Take in. Take Out. Refuse must be removed from the park. LEAVE NO TRACE. Trash and recycling bin are provided at the top, please use respectfully.
- Fires shall be attended at all times by a responsible adult (18 year of age or older).
- ABSOLUTELY No underage drinking or drugs.
- For fire related emergencies contact the Salem Fire Dispatch: (518) 746-2129. For other emergencies please call 911
Any violation of these rules will result in a immediate removal from the property. Violators may be subject to a ban from Salem Art Works property or have charges pressed against them.
SAW Office (518) 854-7674
Summer Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Winter Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
For fire related emergencies contact the Salem Fire Dispatch: (518) 746-2129
For other emergencies please call 911